Creamy Chicken Sausage Soup
My husband, who really dislikes soup in general, LOVED this soup. I made it up as I went along, so make your own adjustments
to get it "just right".
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
4-5 Russet Potatoes, cubed and boiled in water. (RESERVE 3-4 cups of water)
2 cloves garlic
1 small yellow onion, diced
4 tbsp of organic butter or ghee
4 tbsp of GF flour (I used brown rice flour)
1 bag of organic carrot & broccoli slaw (found in your produce section. You can also just dice them up the old fashioned way)
1/2-1 cup of white wine
4 oz of organic cream cheese
1 box of organic chicken bone broth (or 4 cups of homemade bone broth)
1/2 cup of chopped organic fresh parsley
3 Chicken Sausages, diced (I used Amylu's brand from Costco)
Seasonings (I used: Himalayan sea salt, organic poultry seasoning, and Costco's Kirkland Organic No-Salt Seasoning) You'll season to taste.
1. Place Olive Oil in large stock pot. Turn on medium heat.
2. Saute onions and garlic for a couple minutes then add the carrot/brocolli slaw. Mix well and cook an additional few minutes.
3. Toss in the butter, stir until melted. Then Sprinkle in the flour. Stir well.
4. Pour in the white wine and cook until the liquid reduces.
5. Pour in the bone broth and the reserved potato water. Stir well. Once nice and hot, add the cream cheese, diced chicken sausages, cubed potatoes, and remaining ingredients. Cover and reduce to simmer, stirring on occasion until the cream cheese completely melts down.
Once the cream cheese is melted, its done! Serve w/ some homemade sourdough bread.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS by clicking HERE!
GROOVY ORGANIC CLEANING...KC'S #1 Organic Cleaning Co!